Saturday, March 31, 2012

Blog#9

            I decided to read the first year 2008-09 and the last 2010-11 just to see how much he has grown over the years. Mr. Mclung learned a lot in his first year of teaching. As a new teacher Mr. Joe McClung was ready and willing to take control of his career. Mr. McClung was not afraid to try new technology or communicate with teachers and students. Although his first year was not prefect he leaned that McClung.J(2009) " NO LESSON IS EVER PERFECT. THE LESSON YOU TEACH AND THE ONE YOU PLAN ARE ALWAYS DIFFERENT." McClung ended his year blog with listen  to your students, so they will know you care and never stop learning, so  he is always able to make all lesson plans magical.
       In 2010-11 McClung was a third year teacher but first time teaching at the same school for more then one year. He was also the head coach of the cross country team. McClung has grown and his focus shifted from impressing the teachers and administrators, to keeping his students impressed. He made sure that he didn't get bored with his job by joining groups at the school that would give him a challenge. He enjoyed the PD session because he was always open to new ideas.
a man walking up stairs


I  really enjoyed reading Mr. McClung experiences as a new teacher, and after he was a teacher for three years. Most teachers think that when they finish school the learning will stop and they will know all the things needed to be a successful teacher Mr. McClung didn't.  I liked that as a first year teacher he set back and got the feel of things before he decided to past judgment are input his ideas. After reading his first year I am looking forward to my first day of mind when things don't go as plan to keep going because your the only person that will notice. Mr. McClung last post was the most important to me because I notice the growth. I will always remember to listen to my students because their opinions matter, always find something to challenge me, and work outside of my 8-3 schedule, so that I'm always prepared. McClung has taught me a lot in the two post but most importantly to begin my career ready to advance to better thing in the school system.

2 comments:

  1. "Mr. Mclung learned a lot in his first year of teaching. " Mr. McClung not Mr. Mclung

    "... he leaned that ..." learned not leaned

    "...ended his year blog with listen..." year blog?

    "...always able to make all lesson plans magical." And yet elsewhere he says nothing ever goes like it is planned. How do you reconcile these two statements?

    "Most teachers think that when they finish school the learning will stop and they will know all the things needed to be a successful teacher ..." so that is what is wrong with our educational system! Most teachers think they know it all Wow1

    "... to my first day of mind when things don't go as plan to keep going..." What? First day of mind? mine probably. planned not plan

    "...because your the only person that will notice...." you're or you are not your

    "... because I notice the growth..." noticed not notice

    "...a lot in the two post but most..." posts not post

    PROOFREAD! Too many mistake


    I hope you will make annual reflections like Mr. McClung.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your blog post. I also learned a lot from Mr. McClung, and will actually take and apply some of the things he had mentioned in his blog. I think it is a good idea to do the reflections at the end of the year. But I will say, proofread your posts before you post them. There were somethings that didn't make sense, or just simple spelling errors.But other than that, good job!

    ReplyDelete