Friday, March 2, 2012

C4KPost #1

Post By Keller in Mrs. Ripp's Class 

If  I could travel anywhere, I would go to Santa DeCamastra, Sicily. It is in Italy. My great grandparents came to America from there. My parents went there before I was born with my aunts and uncles. My grandma and grandpa went to. They said that it was fun and showed me some pictures. It was beautiful. The oceans were a deep rich blue. The tiled buildings were beautiful. I still have family that owns a tile shop there. I think it would be fum to see them. I would want to see my great great grandpas grave and see the tiles he made. Well thats my deram vacation. Whats yours?

My Comment

Hi Keller,

My name is Cedric Lett. A student at the University of South Alabama.You have a lot to look forward to in Italy. I hope you go visit soon. I really enjoyed reading your blog about your dream vacation. Paris has always been my dream vacation. One reason is that I have always wanted to see the Eiffel Tower. My aunt vacations there once every two years. She always sends me post cards.

keep up the good work!

Cedric Lett #edm310 Student



My Black Belt Test! By Adia's

I had my black belt test on November 19th and 20th. The test is two days, on a Saturday and Sunday.

First, my teachers tested me on my curriculum (all my kicks and punches from white belt to the belt before black belt).


At that time while I was working my butt off to earn my black belt, take a look at what my mischevious little brother was doing, decorating his body, including his tongue and shoe with bright red stamps.



Then I got tested on all of my curriculum's self defense combinations (my curriculum was to do all of the self defense combinations I learned so far). Self defense combinations are meant to teach you how to defend yourself if someone were to attack you. In all, all of the self defense combinations that I had to memorize add up to a total of nineteen combinations.

Next, I had board breaking, which is breaking twelve thick wooden boards with kicks and punches. I had a difficult time with one of the kicks, but I eventually broke the board.



Thereafter was sparring. Sparring is fighting with, I have to admit, not the most comfortable gear on with other people. Since at this particular black belt test there was only one person testing, ten people signed up to spar, and after that I was exhausted, though I was not finished yet.



After, there was grappling. Grappling is pretty much wrestling, but not that hard. Here I had to grapple fourteen different people. If the person signing up to spar and grapple with someone during their black belt test is not yet a black belt, when it is their turn to have their black belt test, it is a black belt's responsibility to support them and spar and grapple with them.



The last thing to do that day was to say an inspirational speech about a person or people who motivate(s) you.

The next day on Sunday was to do a five mile run from my karate studio to the closest high school, do five laps around their track, twelve sprints (races) around it, and to run back. My feet grew very tired and sore for days after, but it was worth it because I earned my well-deserved black belt.





Have you ever earned a black belt? 


If so, what were the steps you had to take to earn it?


Do you do karate, and are you on a goal to earn your black belt?


If you do not do karate, what, from the pictures, looked like the most interesting thing to do? If so, why?
 Our basketball team has went 10-3 this season. Last week we won our tournament. We one all of the games and we played Alta,Royal,Okoboji, and Ruthven. I think the closest game was when we played Alta but I don’t the ink it was that close. We beat them the week before because of a game winning shot. We got Metals for winning tournament. I was really happy . I think we lost to St.Mary’s one time and then we one the other time. We lost to other teams but I was not their because I had to go to a cattle show. We beat one team by a lot that was my best game. I had thirty points and hunter had a lot to. I think we do our best down low in the paint. We had two teams every game. So if one team got tired then the other team would come in the paint. I think that we have a lot of tall players so we can get lay ups really easy. Like Logan, Ben, preston, Manuel,  Colton, Jayden, and me. Blake ethan brandon and hunter are outside shooters. I could out of two games for rejecting  people. I think our basketball team is really good. The End!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 My Comment
Cedric Lett
Hey Jake

My name is Cedric L Lett an Edm310 student at the University of South Alabama. I enjoyed reading your post about your basketball games. I did not play basketball in school. I played football. One thing that I learned playing sports is that teamwork wins games. Keep up the good work. I have added a link to my blog,feel free to read and comment if you like.

http://lettcedricedm310blogspot.com/

Cedric L Lett
EDM310

I enjoyed getting to know Adia, Jake and Keller by reading their blogs. Jake enjoyed playing basketball. Adia was a black belt in karate. Keller made plans to go to Italy.

A Sixth Grader Demonstrates Why You Do Videos in EDM310

  Special Comment For Kids Assignment Posted on Class Blog On Tuesday, February 7,2012.

 Cedric Lett on said:

Great Job Lauren! I was blown away by your video. The video not only showed that your creative but that you have a passion to do good work. The end when you talk about losing weight had me laughing so hard my mom had to come see what was so funny. Great video and keep up the hard work.
Cedric Lett EDM310 Student at the University of South Alabama
Here is the link to my Blog: http://lettcedricedm310.blogspot.com/

 

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Did you respond to Adia.

    I hope you find C4K useful and fun. The kids certainly like to get comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I made a comment on her blog,for some reason it didn't appear when I went back to check on the comment as I always due. The blog is not up to date so maybe my comment didn't get approved for posting yet. C4K has been very interesting and I have enjoyed commenting so far.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete