Saturday, March 24, 2012

Blog#8

This is how we Dream Part 1&2 by: Dr Miller 



         Dr. Miller created two inspiring videos about where education is and where its about to go. An inter-mental change as he stated, is where we work now with our laptops or desktops. Dr. Miller stated that we don't have to go to libraries any more we have everything at out finger tips right at home or school. He talks about the ability to go to any schools library without having to step foot inside. He talks about all the great things that we can do now with the web and new technology. One thing that stood out to me the most was when he states that we don't have a way to teach what he just talked about because we don't have the resources at this point. Wow! Then he goes on to say we need inspiring teachers, spaces and pedagogues. This type of writing has not been created yet it has to be invented.

           I think  the way teachers are being taught today the schools don't have to fear, because teachers will be ready to step up to the challenge. Our school system is not behind or at a stand still because of the students, as stated in previous post the students are learning more and more at a early age. The current teachers need to get a refresh course on education in the 21 century. I know that was a little off subject but I  was excited through the video till I got to the end. I feel that the students will be ready for anything new and exciting. With all the new games and social networking sites that they use  will be upgraded with the new styles of writing and technology they will be able to teach some of the teachers how to use it.

    I cant say this enough technology is on the move with or without you, so you make the choice. I believe that as a educator you must be able to change with the seasons. I know that teaching is not an easy job but who wants to do something repetitive with no change. I plan to inspire, change and most importantly empower my students to learn. Great video from Dr Miller!


Carly that was very informative, I guess thats why your a lab assistant. Your work defined the kind of teacher that Dr. Miller stated that will inspire students. Carly took a simple assignment and made it her own. The philosophy idea is great. I think that every student/teacher should create a you tube playlist something that you can take along with you on interviews. I talked to a teacher who interviewed for a job in the Mobile School System and she told me that one of the questions they ask was what will set you apart from every other teacher we interviewed?  Knowing the person she was I knew that she had something amazing to say, but she didn't say anything. She pulled out a CD and it was short video of why she wanted to be a teacher, the principle smiled and yes she got the job. So here is my playlist. If you didn't do one, I GOT THAT JOB YOU WANTED. LOL

Blog Post #12

EDM310 for Dummies and The Chipper Series both were great student videos. EDM310 for Dummies was about getting the right tools to get the job done. Everything in life can be hard but if you gather the proper materials it can be a breeze just like in the video. The Chipper Series was looking for short cuts to getting the work done although there may be short cuts you can take you will always miss out on something that can be of an importance to your job. Chipper went back to school because she noticed that although she had great ideas you have to put the time in for anything to be valuable. So in return I think that the two videos give you some simple steps to success. 1. Gather all material needed to complete a task. 2 Apply 3 Believe in hard work. 4 Take the time to do a great job. A video I would like to be a part of is one that allows each student to spend an hour in the classrooms and apply this to C4K some hands on blogging.



This video is an argument that we watch every week in Edm310, it states why are schools left so far behind when it comes to technology, why don't teachers take learning outside of the classroom, why are the schools so afraid of change.Well this is simple because we have teachers so afraid of change. The schools can change and require more from their teachers but without the proper training it still will not change. Going into the schools here in Mobile I hear teachers say,  why do we have to go to these pointless workshops to be more creative. Workshops can't teach me what  four or five years of school did. This is our issue not the students and not the funds. Teaching+inspiring= (what) the choice is yours.















Animoto is a video creating site that allows you to create presentations for family, friends and fun. Animoto lets you combine music pictures and video clips. Animoto simply easy and a great tool to use. This can be used in the classroom as a easy introduction activity for students to create a lasting impression on each other.

2 comments:

  1. "...teachers will be ready to step up to the challenge." I hope you are right but I have my doubts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cedric,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog post. It's great to see how others interpret our assignments. I completely agree with you when you said that technology is on the move. It is up to educators to be able to use these new tools as they become available in order to fully be able to connect with students. I hope you use the ideas that we have learned in this class in your very own classroom one day.

    ReplyDelete