Thursday, April 26, 2012

Blog#13


I started the process, at the beginning of this week, because I knew it would be hard for me to do. I was thinking 24 hours with no; phone, television , or laptop. I will go ahead and prepare to do all three tries. On Tuesday, I left my phone at home and went to my first class, that was a  long hour and fifteen minutes. I know I am suppose to be in class and paying attention to what the teacher is teaching, but most of the time, I play on my phone until the lecture is over and then complete my class work with no problem. Today after not having my phone, I don't have to study the material as much, because I listened in class. When I got home from class on Tuesday, the the first thing I picked up was my phone.  I clicked on Facebook and remembered I am working on my blog post 13 and I can't use the phone.( Start over two) I decided to start over right at this point, so now its Tuesday 3p.m. home alone, so I started working on my homework and cleaning the house. The second try ended quickly, while cleaning my house, I wasn't thinking and turned the radio on. (Last and final try) 5p.m. on Tuesday, I was done cleaning and doing my homework. The rest of the evening, I went  to a movie and came home and went to sleep. The next day  my group members had to meet at an elementary school, to do project fifteen. Preparing for the project we had to use the smart board and laptop. I couldn't find the school, so I had to use my phone and call my group member to get directions.

I think that my students would have a culture shock coming into a classroom with no computers, Tv, or other technology that are common in most classrooms. Students enjoy being engaged and 
 with students today a dry erase board just isn't enough to keep students engaged for a long period of time.
my teacherAfter completing this assignment, I realized without the use of technology it's hard to get through  a normal day. Thinking back on how people lived in the old days, I would have said," I could not have made it", but that is only because I have grown accustomed to the use, of my everyday technology. When talking about everyday technology, I think about things we use that is considered technology and don't realize that we are using them. After finishing my third try, I've decided to try this again, once school is on break for the summer. I may have to lock myself in my room, but I will not let technology defeat me.

No comments:

Post a Comment