Saturday, February 18, 2012

blog#4

Langwitches - Pod-casting With 1st Grade

 The Benefits of Pod casting in the Classroom by Joe Dale


Judy Scharf Podcast Collection

My comments on Pod-casting 

Wow! I did not know that there was some much put into pod-casting. I know the assignment only asked to watch three but I could not help but look at the rest to see what I was missing. The excitement of the first graders was just overwhelming. Just to think of six and seven year olds reading and then comprehending to make a pod-cast was joy to my ears. I think that pod-casting would engage not only younger students but old students as well. To be honest I was kind of worried about the pod-cast assignment because I did not know anything about a pod-cast. Now I am ready and excited about our pod-cast, so I hope my group members feel the same. More importantly I am looking forward to teaching and setting up pod-cast assignments. A few things I plan to make sure we incorporate in our pod-cast assignment is: make sure the point is clear to the listener,  make sure we speak well, and be creative. I enjoyed each and every podcast and look forward to using some of the teaching styles in the class room.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Cedric!
    I have enjoyed reading your blog and getting to know you through your Google presentation. Podcasts are new to me as well. I had never really given them much thought until this assignment. I thoroughly enjoyed hearing the PURIM podcast from the Langwitches website. Those students went above and beyond using their native Hebrew throughout the podcast. It was such a beautiful story to listen to. I agree with you that this will be a great teaching tool to use with our future students. Judy Scharf's Podcast Collection helped me really put my thoughts together for my own podcast. I am curious to know, will your group do a straight forward podcast or something totally "out of the box" creative? Our group has been communicating back and forth and the concept keeps evolving. I am interested to see what we will end up doing.


    Best wishes to you!
    Heather Weaver

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too look forward to listening to your podcast.

    ReplyDelete