Friday, January 20, 2012

Blog Assignment 1

So you really want to know about the life of  Cedric Lett, ok but remember I warned you. Born and raised in Mobile,AL. My interest are music,working,family and shopping. I'm going into education  because I have a desire to help children. I had alot of teachers just sit back and watch children fail so I want to be that one more that cares. I attended the University of South Alabama in 2007 where I played around and ended up out of school with no way to pay for school, so I had to take a break and work. I got a job at Sprint/Nextal where I worked to save money to get back in school. During this time my mom suffered from a bad stroke and lost the function in her left side.I had to go back home and help my mom with bills and around the house that was a small set back. Trusting and believing in God, I kept my head up and I continued working and helping my mom,little sister and brother.Summer of 09 I met my real dad it felt good having a male role model in my life. Still working and helping out at home, I was almost to the point where I could pay for school again and things where going good with my mom

my mom, little sister, and me
On September 30, 2011 my dad and stepmother was killed in their sleep by a drunk driver. "I know crazy right" but let me explain, a Ford pick up truck crashed into my dad and stepmother's bedroom killing them instantly. I received a call about 8am that morning with the news that my dad had been killed, nothing else was said because I droped the phone and left work to head to Creola to see my dad being pulled out of the house in a body bag and then another bag came out and I was told your stepmother was killed too. The truck was left in the house to be pulled out by a wrecker because the driver left the house and called a cab at a gas station down the street from my dads house. He turned him self in the next day and his family bonded him out of jail were he is awaiting a trial date.

truck"title

house


Remember never drink and drive because you never know what mistakes you will make that you can't take back the next day. I'm back in school now for the first semester and plan on graduating in the spring of 2013 I would tell anyone that has a goal to hold on to your goals because one day they will come true 


Time Management

After watching Randy Pausch on Time Management, I learned that you have to have a plan and sometimes that plan want always go the way you want it to, but if it don't you just have to revise your plan. Dr Pausch stated a cliche that I have heard all my life"failing to plan is planning to fail" In my opinion that means that  you have to have some type of guidelines to follow in you life to be successful and that you cant start at the top you have to work steps to get you where you want to be.Time management has been an issue for me in the pass but now I utilize my calender and small to do list to keep me together.

Didn't know anything about Randy Pausch, I hope that's not a bad thing. After doing  a little research I notice that he died from terminal cancer on July 25,2008 and his last lecture inspired a lot of people including myself.  

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to EDM310. This is a test. This comment should be sent to your Gmail account and to edm310comments@gmail.com. Thanks for starting early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read about this tragedy in the paper! One small correction You wrote "...were killed in there sleep..." there should be their

    I hope things go better for you now! What a terrible tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will watch Randy Pausch's Last Lecture later this semester. It is a powerful and moving video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cedric,

    I am so sorry for your loss. I remember this story being in the paper. I whole-heartedly believe that you are doing the right thing by believing in God to help you get through, and I hope that you have a great time in EDM 310!

    Rebekah Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh,

    You also need to add a gadget (html/javascript) for your contact information.

    Thanks,

    Rebekah Lloyd

    ReplyDelete